Those were the days when I 'found myself' not through some baba or meditation but through my buddies (Team 22). Became a bolder and more confident person. Reason- All 22 of us - 'The Team'. We were girls did all the usual stuff for a different reason.
1. Going to the Parlour every Sunday - to get a zero cut instead of layers.
2. Getting dressed up in No. 1 uniform for punishment parade and looking at ourselves in the mirror as if it was our marriage. Including the dialogues 'buddy mein teekh lag rahi hoon na?' 'Is my crease seen properly?'.
3. From wearing high heels to naal wala drill boots.
4. Instead of the ramp walks we were preparing for the Drill test and to March infront of the Adjutant (man on the horse).
5. From playing sports for fitness to playing the same for Zulus.
6. Late night parties to late night 'ragadas' ( a period of healthy, fun and group events given by seniors to enhance the unity amongst the juniors).
7. From going to classes in scooty to doubling up with punctured cycles.
8. From wishing 'good morning sir' to 'Jaihind saab'.
9. From having a fruit facepack to 'mud' (literally mud and manure sometimes)pack.
10. Having a 'Sun bath' after a 'Mud pack' including 'The Holy Dip'.
11. Giving proof that you are a female to enter the women's washroom at the mall.
12. Having different type of shoes with different uniform - though the purpose was the same.
13. Sleep walking during camps.
15. Standing up for each other though we were from different parts of the country emerged as officers proudly serving for our nation.
Dedicated to the 22. Love you all.